Local 1000 can now accept and file recording contracts with the AFM. President Emeritus John McCutcheon has written a helpful article to walk you through the process which can be downloaded here. Below are the scales and information forms for you to download. All downloads are in PDF format (you can get the free Adobe Reader at http://adobe.com).
In order for recording contracts to be processed by the AFM, you must fill out and submit a B4 remittance form listing scale wages and pension contributions for all musicians on the recording, as well as a letter of acceptance to the AFM Sound Recording Labor Agreement (SRLA). To become a signatory to the SRLA, for single projects, you should submit the SRLA Single Project Short Form. If you have a record label and intend to submit multiple recording contracts, you should submit the SRLA - Letter of Acceptance.
Please note that while any member may file recording contracts with the AFM, in order to make pension contributions on behalf of yourself, your company must be an incorporated entity. If you do not have a corporation, you may still make pension contributions on behalf of the other musicians on the recording.
Local 1000 work dues for recording agreements are calculated at 3.5% of the scale wage for all musicians on the recording.
Effective April 1, 2011 the Pension contribution rate for recordings is 11.99%.
- Sound recording labor agreement (1.4 MB PDF)
- Low budget scales (130K PDF)
- Low budget side letter (132K PDF)
- Low budget estimate form (33K PDF)
- Recording contract B4 Remittance Form (1.4 MB PDF)
- SRLA - Letter of Acceptance (106K PDF)
- Sound Recording Labor Agreement - Single Project Short Form (92K PDF)
For information on filing contracts for other projects, such as film and television, radio, commercials and more, please contact the Local 1000 office, or login to afm.org and visit their document library at http://www.afm.org/member/library/
- SRLA - Canadian Scales Summary Chart 2017 - 2019 (Rev 09 13 17)
- Canadian SRLA Letter of Acceptance (40K PDF)
- Canadian SRLA Single Project Short Form (120K PDF)
What Contracts Do I Need?
Rosalyn Dennett of The Canadian Federation of Musicians has created this presentation that outlines performing and recording contracts, and which ones you need.