Insurance plans and providers differ for U.S. and Canadian members. Please see the appropriate details below and contact us at [email protected] with any questions!
Insurance plans for AFM members in the US are provided through Mercer Consumer. For the most up to date information on a wide variety of insurance plans for AFM members, please visit: https://www.personal-plans.com/afm/welcome.do
The AFM Business Liability Insurance Plan provides you with up to a $2,000,000 aggregate limit each year. With the AFM Business Liability Insurance plan you're covered for:
- Suits arising out of covered bodily injury which occurs on or off premises as a result of your business activities.
- Suits arising out of covered damage to property of others resulting from your musicians business activities.
- Suits arising out of personal injury and advertising injury, including libel, slander, defamation of character, false arrest, detention and malicious prosecution.
- Suits arising out of products liability resulting from the sale and/or serving of food and beverages or other products.
- Suits arising out of host liquor liability when serving or giving alcoholic beverages at functions incidental to your business.
- Suits arising out of real or alleged faults in work completed by or for your business resulting in bodily injury.
- Suits arising from injury caused by the rendering of or failure to render health care services by non-professionals.
- Suits arising from fire damage liability for up to $100,000 for which you are legally liable for.
- Defense against such suits even though the charges made may be groundless, false or fraudulent.
The AFM Musicians' Liability Insurance Plan does not require a deductible. All claims will be defended on a first-dollar basis - you won't have to pay a cent! Compare this Plan with similar coverage! Many insurance companies offer large deductibles to keep costs down, however, the Musicians' Liability Insurance Plan is already economical - even without a deductible option. Quality, economical insurance, made available to you through AFM group buying power.
Priced for You
Since no two AFM members are alike, the Insurance Administrator has designed this Plan so that each applicant will receive a quotation unique to their situation. Costs vary by state of residence and annual gross receipts.
Instrument, Equipment and Liability Insurance for Canadian members are available through HUB International. For the most up to date information, please visit: http://www.cfmusicians.org/services/we-ve-got-it-covered
A fillable PDF application is available here: Musicians Instrument Equipment Liability App CFM
- All Risks coverage on your instruments and equipment
- Worldwide coverage
- Rental reimbursement if you need to rent an instrument or equipment in the event of a loss, up to $1,000
- $100 Deductible
- Commercial General Liability including bodily injury, personal injury, property damage, medical payments, tenants legal liability, advertising injury and non-owned automobile
Instrument Insurance Rate
- $2.00 rate per $100 sum insured for Instruments & Equipment
Liability Insurance Rates
- $500 deductible
- $1,000,000 limit – $50 per member
- $2,000,000 limit – $100 per member
- (Higher limits available upon request)
For more info, please contact:
3063 Walker Road
Windsor, Ontario,N8W 3R4
Telephone: 519 966-2600
Fax: 519 966-6177
Toll Free: 1 800 563-9441 EXT: 287