In addition to our membership meeting on Wednesday afternoon, we will be hosting late night song circles in our Showcase Free Zone Wednesday-Saturday night in room 630. This is a chance for us to get away from the craziness of the showcase environment and share music in a non-competitive community setting. Stop by after the evening concerts and share a song or two!
Showcase Free Zone Schedule – Room 630
Wednesday Night (2/14)
- 10:30pm – 12:30am: Local 1000 Member Gathering
Thursday Night (2/15)
- 11:30pm – 12:30am: “Singing About the Tough Stuff” hosted by Holly Near
- 12:30am – 1:30am: “Women’s Circle” hosted by Shawna Caspi
Friday Night (2/16)
- 11:30pm – 12:30am: “Blues Jam” hosted by Guy Davis
- 12:30am – 1:30am: “Workers and Wanderers” hosted by Joe Jencks
Saturday Night (2/17)
- 11:30pm – 12:30am: “Honky Tonk and Country Songs” hosted by Cathy Fink & Marcy Marxer
- 12:30am – 1:30am: “Come All Ye Good Fiddlers” hosted by Jeremy Kittel and others!
We will also be at table #503 in the exhibit hall and we encourage you to spend some time with us there talking to prospective members and fair trade music venues. You are our best advertising! We are running a membership drive right now where the $100 initiation fee is waived for new members. If you know someone who should be a member, please encourage them to visit our table and join up at the conference!