The Local 1000 Communication Committee is looking for some new members. We need people with many different skills (writing, editing, digital media fluency, WordPress editing, computer tech skills, creative energy), but if you can read and write, you already meet the minimum requirements! Here are some of the things we are responsible for on an ongoing basis:
- Under the direction of the executive board, oversee general communications of Local 1000
- Maintain and update the Local 1000 website
- Send out the monthly L1K email newsletter
- Publish the annual New Deal
- Post L1K activities on social media (L1K Public FaceBook, Twitter, Instagram pages)
- Personally contact members annually through “Birthday Bunny” phone calls
Can you do any of this, or do you know other members who would be a good fit for this committee?
Get involved, help grow the union, help us keep in touch with a membership that spans the U.S. and Canada. We need YOU! Contact Susan Lewis at email@example.com if you are interested.